Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekly News & Homework

Hello!  I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend.  As I watched some New England sports teams this weekend, I couldn't help but think about Team Jordan.  I found myself asking the question, "Who are my MVP's?  Who doesn't give up? Where does a team get the drive  to persevere when things get challenging?"  Today, I asked our children to think about these questions.  I hope you will discuss with your child about what it takes to be a successful player on Team Jordan. 

Coming soon.. Meri's MVP photo
Did you know that Meri is a gymnast?

Today we began our study of Massachusetts.  Ask your child about the state symbols.

Subtraction is our focus in Math.  We are also using addition to check our answers.

We are still learning how to add suffixes onto base words.

We are finishing our personal narratives and will begin typing our final drafts in the lab.

We are reading passages about pumpkins and Halloween.  We are learning about dialog.  This is tricky because of the punctuation. 

We welcomed Justin to our team last week.  He is a great addition to our team!


No comments:

Post a Comment